Do you love the distinctive and attractive look of KPG roof tiles? If the answer is yes, then you are among a growing number of homeowners who pick tiles as the roofing material of choice for their homes. KPG Tiles offer many great benefits including durability, Color permeability, longevity, energy-efficiency, great curb appeal, low maintenance, heat resistance and wind mitigation (with proper installation and maintenance), fire safety, and more. KPG Branded Tiles are designed by perfect combination of high quality Ceramic and White clay ingredient. White clay provides superior reflectivity, heat resistance, relatively lightweight, long lasting, fire and weather resistant, Low maintenance and Ceramic provides extremely hardness and durability.
Traditional clay tile roofing
Clay Tiles have been the most popular roofing material since ages. The durability and prevention of heat makes clay tiles more preferred over shingles, roofing sheets etc. These tiles are made by baking red clay at a very high temperature in the kiln. The porous structure of the roof tiles gives you a cool breezing effect also.
Eventhough one of the oldest and the most famous in the market, the clay tiles comes with a lot of drawbacks. The main one being the inability of the red clay tiles to withstand varying temperatures. The red clay is drawn to algea and fungus. Often the bright reddish colour of the red clay fades within 2-5 years due to the weather conditions. The density of red clay is lesser when comparing to the white clay, so more amount of red clay is needed to make the tiles stronger. Due to this, red clay are normally heavier than white clay and needs more truss work. The water absorbtion of clay tiles are also high, since the base material is standard clay itself.
- Durable and longer life span than concrete tiles / roofing sheets
- Prevents heat
- Raw material is commonly seen red clay.
- Effective covering area of 0.75 sq. feet per tile
- Less efficient in varying temperature
- Prone to algae and fungus
- Absorbs more water
- More heavier and needs stronger frame work to hold
- Colour fades within short time
KPG Branded ceramic roof Tiles
Modern day KPG roof tiles offer great value for money as well as specific advantages over the alternative roofing materials. These have longer life compared to the traditional clay tiles, thanks to the white clay content and extreme compression techniques by the factory. The porcelain content give more strength to the roof tiles and have a load bearing capacity of 250 KGs. The ceramic coating in the external shell gives more resistance to the varying weather conditions. The water will be repelled by the coating and no water will be absorbed by the tiles. The colours have 3 layers of coating, triple than any other ceramic roof tiles, that ensures colours stays forever. At a glance, the advantages are:
- Durability and have longer life than clay roof tiles
- Prevents heat
- Effective covering area of 1 sq. feet per tile
- KPG tiles are water-proof, fire-proof, rust-proof and weather-proof, making it one of the most durable construction materials.
- They can withstand any weather and their color does not fade away. KPG roof tiles even offer a 30 year warranty on the color. KPG roof tiles won’t rust, fade, warp, disfigure or corrode.
- Prevents algae and fungus
- The base material used to manufacture KPG tiles are natural white clay.
- Due to KPG tiles being extremely durable, maintenance costs ranges from zero to Zero.
- KPG Branded tiles are lighter (2.2 kg) than traditional clay tiles (2.8 kg) and have much more density. This ensure the KPG roof tiles are more stronger and durable than clay roof tiles.
- Load bearing capacity of 250 kgs
- Visually Stunning and premium looks.
- Available in 15+ colours.
In addition to the effective advantages KPG tiles offer, they also look wonderful and have a distinctive European appeal due to their longevity and durability, your home will retain its aesthetic appeal for a long period of time. Also, because KPG tiles can be in standard shapes and sizes, one does not need to worry about their home looking like one of many clay tiled roofs.
Considering the base material, both are naturally occurring clay and completely natural. Still, in terms of quality, reliability, density, strength etc KPG roof tiles are far more superior than normal clay roof tiles. Also the red clay tiles are not popular for withstanding weather conditions, and is infamously drawn towards algae and fungus. KPG Branded Tiles are designed by perfect combination of high quality Ceramic and White clay ingredient. White clay provides superior reflectivity, heat resistance, relatively lightweight, long lasting, fire and weather resistant, Low maintenance and Ceramic provides extremely hardness and durability.
The effective coverage area is also lesser, so in a cost wise comparison including the installation and maintenance, we can see that kpg roof tiles are a better bet than the traditional roof tiles.
You can select from 15+ colour samples of KPG roof tiles from our various outlets across kerala.
NB: Red clay tiles are also available at premium quality for a slightly better price. These are harder than traditional clay tiles and offer much better durability and colour.